Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Braxlee and Blayde

Alrighty rooty...another week bites the dust, no complaints. Plenty of smiles including a trip to a thrift store which reaffirmed my belief that baby names are out-of-freaking-control. I feel like mothers are all trying to one up each other and come up with the most "unique" name. Dude...just because the name is "unique" ( I vote hella crazy) does not, I repeat, does not make your child unique. If anything, they will be made fun of their entire life. Now there are a few exceptions to that rule, namely me, Z, the Pretty One, and the coolest kid I know. My parents were not TRYING to out do everyone, they just knew at each birth that we would all rise, become, and fulfill our name. Don't believe me...meet us...you'll change your mind. We rock the Casbah. Now back to the thrift store. The couple behind me was talking to a random lady in line. Let's see how it went down...

Lady: "Awe, what's her name?"
Mother: "Adelaidelynn"
Me: (holy mouthful!!!)
Lady: "That's so unique and so pretty."
Me: (really?!??!! I mean really?!?!?)
Mother: "Why thank you, she's our first."
Father: "We are going to call her Addy."
Me: (she will hate you later...I feel like her name is a musical instrument also you've got the word laid in there, like kids at school won't have fun with that...good night!)

It was all I could do to not throw up on my newly found furry winter coat and wool sweater. (you will for sure be seeing those later. gems I tell you!) Anyway...my point resounding yet again...out-of-control. Get a grip people. In relation, I read an article this week about how America is just ridiculous with this naming a child thing. All should read it... especially if you are on the brink of childbirth. I warn you, it's rated R for language and crude comments but it hits the nail on the head. Read it and weep...with laughter. American Baby Names Have Gotten Worse.


No comments:

Post a Comment