Sunday, September 23, 2012

Beeeeee Yourself

I have been on this menswear kick lately. It probably hasn't helped my "singlehood" but I have embraced my man repelling characteristics and owning them. That's besides the point. I think that women can totally pull off wearing mens clothing and looking fantastic in it. Sure there are the boyfriend jeans...but mens suits, shirts, and ties? Yea, I'd like to see Zoobie chicks try for that combo. K-Par said something interesting the other day. We were people watching, a favorite past time, when a girl walked by wearing an "edgy" ensemble. It looked like a Pinterest outfit, cute but not me. K-Par then said, "I don't think she can pull that off, but you (me) could." I then commented saying that it's a matter of personality and characteristics that go into being able to "pull off" something. Things like the way a person carries themselves, how one speaks and word choice, and just plain ol' style sense helps a bit. ;-)  I thought about all the types of people I know and how they dress. K-Par for example is adorable. Conservative with a cute feminine touch mixed with flirty details. Then I thought of her personality. She is conservative, dang cute, and super flirty. I swear she could get a room full of blind men to go on dates with her, she's that amazing.
My point is that, if you are confident enough to rock it then do it. Don't let someone tell you what you can and can't do, or can and can't wear. Don't try and be someone you are not. Just because it's in a magazine or Pin board doesn't mean it's for everyone. Life is too short to worry about wandering and curious eyes. Just have fun but stay classy! :)
PS...That's not K-Par...that's Mo.
Images from Resort 2013...Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment